Belgrade, October 10, 2016/Independent Balkan News Agency
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vučić has conducted consultations before the final decision on the state’s actions on the Trepča issue.
The Government session on this issue and the agreement with Kosovo on telecommunications has been postponed for Thursday, October 11.
The Serbian Government session, which had been scheduled for Monday, was postponed until Tuesday so that the prime minister would have more time for consultations, Belgrade media report.
On Saturday, Kosovo’s parliament passed a law on Trepča, according to which the Priština government holds an 80 percent share in the company, which Belgrade officials strongly criticized.
The Serbian MPs and ministers in the Assembly and Government of Kosovo today decided to suspend their functions because of their disagreement with the decision of the Albanian majority in Priština.
The ruling majority also announced that “Brussels would have to react.”
“They have no proof that they are the owners of Serbia’s property, and they are trying to distort the whole process, but I believe that for the purposes of security and stability of the entire region the property issue will get on the agenda in Brussels and Priština’s risky behavior,” says the Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee for Kosovo and Metohija Milovan Drecun.
It is also worth noting that – after the Kosovo assembly’s decision – Director of the Office for Kosovo and Metohija Marko Đurić called for an emergency session of the UN Security Council, but the Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dačić said he was not sure that this is the right solution.
“We should try everything, it’s not guaranteed that we would do this through such a session of the Security Council, but we do need to do everything. However, above all it is important to keep a cool head and be reasonable,” says Dačić in an interview to Kurir.