Vetevendosje and LDK largely agree on merging economic programs

Vetevendosje and LDK largely agree on merging economic programs

Working groups of Vetevendosje and Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK) met on Monday to harmonise the programs of these two parties, which are expected to form the new Government coalition of Kosovo, after winning the 6 October early elections in Kosovo.

After a three-hours meeting, the Vetevendosje representative, Glauk Konjufca, told media that they have agreed up to 90 percent on merging the economic program in the future administration.

“We discussed the economy. We have raised over 40 issues and we have agreed on 90 percent of the topics. The remaining 10 percent will be agreed in the upcoming meetings”, Konjufca said. According to her, the working groups of the Vetevendosje and LDK will continue negotiations in the coming days when their experts will discuss the judiciary.

Meanwhile, the chairman of the LVV, Albin Kurti, informed the US ambassador, Philip Kosnett, who welcomed the pace of meetings with the Democratic League and expressed confidence that a new government would be formed soon.

“The priority, he said, will be devoted to the rule of law and the fight against organized crime and high institutional corruption, so as to pave the way for socio-economic progress”.

Before meeting with Albin Kurti, the US ambassador had met with the two LDK vice presidents, Lutfi Haziri and Vjosa Osmani./IBNA