The open war that is unfolding within the ruling coalition in Romania continues for the third day. Neither side, neither the USR-PLUS nor Prime Minister Florin Citu and his associates in the PNL, seem willing to take a step back. Dan Barna included AUR in the attack plan and would not say ‘no’ to a PSD participation, the media point out.
Florin Citu, following the signature of President Klaus Iohannis, in the decree of expulsion of Stelian Ion from the government, solved the problem in the Ministry of Justice and appointed for today a government meeting for the approval of the program “Anghel Saligny”, worth 50 billion lei (10 billion) for local government projects. Following this meeting, in which USR-PLUS executives will not take part, a crucial meeting of the governing coalition is scheduled, requested by Dan Barna.
In it, USR-PLUS intends to formally demand the resignation of the Prime Minister, which would be, according to Barna, the “elegant way” to resolve the crisis. Otherwise, the motion of censure will be tabled, which the party discussed with AUR, which, in case of rejection, will be accompanied by the resignations of the ministers of USR-PLUS.
Marcel Ciolacu announced that he would not sign the proposal of the two parties, but left open the possibility of helping get rid of Cițu: the PSD will vote, he said, the motion of censure of USR-PLUS -AUR, if it is submitted. To the accusations that he changed his mind about AUR, which he had characterized in April as an extremist party with which he will never cooperate, Barna replied yesterday, on TV (Digi24) that he did not negotiate with AUR, there were just talks, he said , because at the same time the two parties have a common goal to oust the Prime Minister and there is nothing illegal in it. He added that there is also the option of PSD’s motion of censure. Dan Barna explained that he did not want to leave the government because, as he said, “it is not worth it”. He swallowed “a frog”, he said, when Vlad Voiculescu was reformed and will not do it again, he added. “When there are only frogs on the menu, you change the cook,” he said. In fact, he finds a “cook” of his choice in the PNL, Ilie Bolojan.
The threats of – until Wednesday – his associates in the government, have so far left indifferent Florin Cîțu, who still shows his fist. His associates convened a PNL meeting yesterday without the participation of Ludovic Orban, during which Citu received unanimous support for his actions. Florin Cîțu did not explain to his colleagues how he intends to get out of the impasse caused by the expulsion of Stelian Ion from the Ministry of Justice. The only one who drew his attention was Ilie Bolojan, from Oradea, who asked him what the next steps would be and warned him that his actions were opposed by the citizens.
The Prime Minister responded by convening a meeting of the PNL at noon, with the presence of Ludovic Orban, before the meeting of the government at 16.00 in order to approve the development program “Anghel Saligny”. Ludovic Orban said in a Facebook post that he had put the “Anghel Saligny” program on the agenda of talks with USR-PLUS and the UDMR, and that he was the only one who could pull the governing coalition out of the impasse. In other words, Orban says it is a “political maneuver” by Cițu who intends to take the mayors with him before the party congress and warns that the move could dismantle the ruling coalition and jeopardize it. even the implementation of the program.
Meanwhile, caretaker Justice Minister Lucian Bode has tackled the issue in his ministry, promising a positive opinion. To that end, he replaced Stelian Ion, the person in charge of opinions, who was appointed in early April and reinstated the person Ion had ousted. Bode, in his statements, clarified that the draft of the Government Emergency Decree does not have an opinion from the Ministry of Transport, but because the legal deadline has passed, it is considered to have tacit acceptance.
G4media.ro in an exclusive article cites evidence that the original document for this program arrived from the Ministry of Development to the Ministry of Justice after the expulsion of Stelian Ion (who therefore rightly claimed that the original text had not been sent to him). Yesterday, moreover, Lucian Bode announced that he is interrupting the tender process initiated by Stelian Ion for the appointment of prosecutors in charge of DIICOT, DNA and the Attorney General.
The future of the government will be decided at the crucial meeting of the PNL – USR-PLUS – UDMR coalition, which will be attended by the leaders of the three parties. Without USR-PLUS, the PNL – UDMR coalition — ethnic minority parties — does not have a majority in Parliament, and the PSD has stated that it will not support a minority government.
Dacian Ciolos, in a morning post on Fb, said: “I know the PNL does not think we will continue until the end. They have underestimated us and will suffer the consequences if they think they can redeem us with certain positions. The USR-PLUS motion of censure exists and is moving forward. We have written it and it is a consequence of Mr Cîțu’s deeply irresponsible behavior. The PNL should take responsibility for Florin Cîțu’s actions. ” “Things are simple,” he said. The current PM threw the country into a political crisis to gain points in the internal party elections. We seek a quick end to the crisis, the Romanians voted for us to make reforms, not a scandal. “With the departure of Florin Cîțu, we are quickly closing the crisis he caused,” he said. Any MP who understands that Florin Cîțu wanted to use 10 billion euros of Romanian money to buy party votes is free to do so. It is a matter of individual conscience and political correctness. The members of the PNL can also sign it, he noted, noting that we know that there are members of parliament who radically disagree with the immoral way of working of Prime Minister Cîțu./ibna