Review Hari Stefanatos
– The Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (CyTA), the Electricity Authority of Cyprus(EAC) and the Cyprus Ports Authority (CPA) are the three largest semi-government organisation of the Republic of Cyprus. The House of Finance Committee will discuss the new government bill concerning their privatisation, on Monday, with the Minister of Finance giving his assurance that the law protects the interests of the employees.
– One of the issues under discussion during the Eurogroup meeting on Monday will be the he recent results of the third evaluation of Cyprus’ economic program. Eurozone’s ministers will be briefed by the Troika officials who visited the island in the last few days, while the programme’s approval is expected to take place during the next meeting on March 10.
– The Russian Ambassador to Cyprus, Stanislav Osadchiy, has expressed Russia’s support of the efforts to resolve the Cyprus issue, stating that if Nicosia wishes for Moscow to take a more proactive role in the negotiation process it should ask for it.
– The ports of Limassol and Larnaca are reopened today after the 24-hour strike of the ports’ employees on Friday. The employees had also decided to abstain from overtime during the weekend, a decision that is still in effect and is expected to cause some problems during the evening hours.
– The mayor of the turkish occupied town of Famagusta, Alexis Galanos, in a statements to CNA on Monday, expressed reserved optimism and hope that the discussion surrounding Famagusta will yield results and talks will reach a point where a solution can be put to the people in a referendum.