Montenegrin journalists released after hearing

Montenegrin journalists released after hearing

Montenegrin journalists Gojko Raičević and Dražen Živković, who were arrested on suspicion of committing the crime of publishing fake news with the aim of causing panic and unrest, have been released today to defend themselves from freedom.

Their lawyer, Vladan Bojić, announced this after a hearing at the Basic State Prosecutor’s Office in Podgorica, stating that there were no elements of the crime charged.

Police in Podgorica arrested Živković and Raičević last night on suspicion of committing the crime of publishing fake news with the aim of causing panic and unrest, the Police Directorate said.

Živković, as editor-in-chief of Borba web portal, committed this crime in a manner that, as suspected, caused panic in the public by publishing false news regarding the event in Vila Gorica in Podgorica, without prior verification of this information.

Raičević is suspected, as editor-in-chief of “IN4S” web portal, of committing this crime in the same way by posting fake news on that portal.

The police administration said earlier that information that an explosion erupted at the Villa Gorica in Podgorica on Sunday and that security services consider it of attempt of diversion, was absolutely incorrect.

Upon leaving the Prosecutors office, Raičević said that this was undoubtedly a plot of the Police, the Judiciary and the Prosecutor’s Office, coordinated by the US Embnassy, and emphasized that it was no coincidence that Dražen Živković and he were arrested yesterday.

“After the arrest of a young colleague, Angela Đikanović, I told my friends: I’m next, as her arrest was not by accident. This is not a coincidence, because there is a “super” NATO anti-hybrid team with various forensic methods, which, with certain analysts from Serbia, are targeting the IN4S portal”, Raičević said./ibna