Kosovo-Montenegro: Joint patrols during the tourist season

Kosovo-Montenegro: Joint patrols during the tourist season

Pristina, March 26, 2014/Independent Balkan News Agency

By Elton Tota

Ministry of Interior of Kosovo and Ministry of Interior of Montenegro signed today (26.03) in Pristina an agreement for police cooperation, which is expected to assist in the fight against organized crime, terrorism and trafficking of human beings.

The agreement was signed by the minister of Interior of Kosovo, Bajram Rexhepi and the minister of Interior of Montenegro, Rasko Konjevic.

Rexhepi said that this year, both countries are looking into the possibility of joint patrols during the tourist season.

Meanwhile, as far as the issue of the Montenegrins displaced from Kosovo is concerned, Rexhepi said that the government of the country is interested for them to return and be integrated in the Kosovar society.

Montenegrin minister Rashko Konjevic said that as far as the border agreement with Montenegro is concerned, experts from Montenegro and Kosovo will soon finalize the demarcation in order for the European Commission to know that this is a step for Kosovo toward European perspective.

He praised the agreement signed so far with Kosovo in the political aspect and in the operative aspect. /ibna/