June 5 elections in danger

June 5 elections in danger

Skopje, 11 May 2016/Independent Balkan News Agency

By Naser Pajaziti

This midnight marks the deadline for political parties in FYROM to submit the lists of candidates for parliament at the Central Election Commission in the June 5 elections. So far, no political party has delivered the lists, while the majority of them have made it clear that they will not participate in the elections.

Three parties which have signed the agreement for the solution of the crisis, SDSM, BDI and PDSH are against the elections to be held on June 5, while VMRO-DPMNE led by Nikola Gruevski is still expected to submit its list, because it is in favor of holding the elections on June 5. Structures of the party have started talks this morning to decide about the elections.

Small political parties say that no conditions have been met to hold elections.

“Consequences will be numerous for the state and the citizens if elections are held on 5 June. The solution will come by forming a temporary government”, declared the leader of the National Democratic Renaissance (RDK), Vesel Memedi.

EU and US ambassador say that they are communicating with political parties in an effort to overcome the political crisis in the country.

The EU ambassador to Skopje, Aivo Orav said that there is no time to waste.

“The Przino agreement last year gave hope to the citizens and the international community. There is no time to waste. Serious decisions must be taken by those who have caused this crisis and the European Union is here to help you”, Orav said. /balkaneu.com/