Athens, November 16, 2015/Independent Balkan News Agency
By Spiros Sideris
The ministry of infrastructure is making an open to the World Bank for the financing of certain projects. In this direction, as it became known by members of the ministry, it was decided to form a joint working group for the expertise and immediate implementation of the cooperation.
The list of projects presented to the representatives of the World Bank, during the recent visit of the Infrastructure concerns:
Logistics Freight centers
* The freight center in Thriassio, for which the relevant tender is to be proclaimed in the coming days, followed by the design of its expansion with additional area, and a new competition.
* New logistics centers in Thessaloniki, Larissa, Alexandroupoli
The railway projects
* The completion of railway electrification projects for Athens-Thessaloniki
* Railway projects along Egnatia.
* The project of the expansion of the suburban railway to Lavrion.
Also included in the list are the new airport at Kastelli, Heraklion, for which there will soon be a relevant tender, and other road projects.
As it became known from the ministry of infrastructure, representatives of the World Bank expressed interest for financing projects through the financial tools available to the Bank and its ability to activate collaborating investor networks.
For his part, the minister of infrastructure Christos Spirtzis notes, inter alia, that cooperation with the World Bank is a strategic alliance for the country’s exit from the crisis and its production reconstruction.