Tirana, April 25, 2013
As confirmed by the press release issued by the governments of Greece, Albania and Italy, a trilateral cooperation committee meeting took place between the governments of Greece, Albania, Italy to coordinate their support for the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP).
The establishment of the committee follows the signing of an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) on TAP between the three countries in Athens on 13 February 2013, subsequently ratified by both the Greek and Albanian parliaments.
In the meeting, the governments of Greece, Albania and Italy were represented as follows:
• Asimakis Papageorgiou, Deputy Minister Environment, Energy and Climate Change, Greece;
• Panayiotis G Mihalos, Secretary-General International Economic Relations, Development and Cooperation, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Greece;
• Edith Harxhi, Deputy Foreign Minister, Albania;
• Eno Bozdo, Deputy Minister Economy, Trade and Energy, Albania;
• Ariana Çela, Economic Adviser to the Prime Minister, Albania;
• Marta Dassù, Deputy Foreign Minister, Italy;
• Claudio de Vincenti, Undersecretary of State, Ministry for Economic Development, Italy.
Michael Hoffmann, External Affairs Director said: “We are very pleased to acknowledge our host countries’ solid backing of the TAP project. We believe the committee will increase the chances of TAP being selected by Shah Deniz in June this year. Significantly, it will also safeguard the successful implementation of the project following selection”. /ibna/