Foreign Ministry says five Romanian so far dead in Italy earthquake

Foreign Ministry says five Romanian so far dead in Italy earthquake

Bucharest, August 25, 2016/Independent Balkan News Agency

Romania’s Foreign Affairs Ministry (MAE) has announced that three more Romanian nationals were killed in the August 24 earthquake in Italy, thus raising the death toll to five.

The MAE says on Thursday that according to the latest information from Italy the death of three more Romanians in the devastating earthquake of that hit Italy has been confirmed.

It adds that 11 Romanian nationals are still reported missing, with verifications under way.

The affected Romanians can request consular assistance by dialling: (0039) 06 835 233 58, (0039) 06 835 233 56 for the Romanian Embassy; and (0039) 051 5872120, (0039) 051 5872209 for the Consular Office in Bologna; calls will be redirected to the Call and Support Centre for Romanian Abroad (CCSCRS) and taken by call centre operators around the clock.

The ministry also extends heartfelt condolence to the families of the Romanian citizens killed in this tragedy and continues to provide full assistance.

Source: Agerpres