British man suspected of being infected by ebola dies in Skopje

British man suspected of being infected by ebola dies in Skopje

Skopje, October 10, 2014/Independent Balkan News Agency

By Naser Pajaziti

A British man died last night in a clinic in Skopje. The man was suspected to have been infected by the ebola virus.

For three days in a row, the patient had stomach aches and his body temperature was 37,5 degrees. The person was staying in the “Super 8” hotel in Skopje, while the personnel called the medical teams. Half an hour after he was admitted in the hospital for contagious diseases, the patient passed away. The patient showed symptoms of internal bleeding.

These details were confirmed by the Ministry of Health. The ministry declared that the samples taken from the body of the patient would be sent to renowned world laboratories.

So far, it’s not known if the patient has been staying in one of the countries affected by the virus. Health authorities say that there are suspicions that the victim may have been infected by the ebola virus. The colleague of the victim, who had been staying in the hotel with him, has been also hospitalized.

Medical teams reached the hotel and started to make examinations to the premises and the hotel personnel, which had been in contact with the tourist. All hotel guests have been evacuated and are under medical care. /ibna/