Athens, January 12, 2015/ Independent Balkan News Agency
By Spiros Sideris
A total of 25 ballots have been submitted for the election of January 25 and will claim the vote of Greek people. Basically, there are 21 parties, 4 coalitions and one independent.
However, the final say on how many parties, coalitions, etc. entitled to take part in the upcoming parliamentary election will have the Section A’ of the Supreme Court, which will make the proclamation of parties and coalitions.
In particular, the deadline for submission of registration forms of parties, etc. in the parliamentary elections on January 25 has passed.
In the Prosecutor of the Supreme Court submitted entries the following 21 parties:
1) New Democracy (Ant. Samaras)
2) SYRIZA – Radical Left Coalition (Al. Tsipras)
3) PASOK – Panhellenic Socialist Movement (E. Venizelos)
4) People’s Association – Golden Dawn (N. Michaloliakos)
5) KKE – Communist Party of Greece (d. Koutsoubas)
6) Liberal Party (Emm. Kalliyianis)
7) Full Stop – Apostle Gletsos (Ap. Gletsos)
8) O.K.D.E. – Organisation of Internationalist Communists of Greece (3-member Committee)
9) Movement of Socialist Democrats (C. Papandreou)
10) Independent Innovative Left, Right Renewal, Renewal PASOK Innovative New Democracy, No to War Party Business Gives Land, gives Debts, save lives, PANAGROTIKOS Greece Labour Movement (PA.E.K.E.) (M. Tzalazidis) .
11) KEAN – National Resistance Movement (Hipp. Savvouras).
12) EEK -Trockists – Workers Revolutionary Party (Sabbetai Matsas)
13) National Hope (Giorgos Papadopoulos)
14) LAOS – People’s Orthodox Rally (C. Karatzaferis)
15) Union of the Centrists (Vas. Leventis)
16) ELKSI- Greek White Movement of Today’s Ideology (El. Daniilidis)
17) National Union for Democratic Reform (3-member Steering Committee)
18) “ROMA” – Radical Orthodox Solidarity Front (Agg. Liakopoulos)
19) Greek Movement for Direct Democracy (C. Grain),
20) The River (Stavros Theodorakis)
21) EL.LA.DA – Greek Popular Democratic Liberation (Kon. Papanikolas).
The four coalitions are:
1) Anti-capitalist Left Partnership for Subversion (ANT.AR.SY.A.) – Front of the Anticapitalist Revolutionary Left and Radical Ecology and Frontal Left Collusion – MARS (central coordinating committee) and 3-member Committee)
2) Communist Party of Greece (Marxist-Leninist) – ML KKE- Electoral Cooperation (4-member Committee)
3) Greens – Democratic Left (N. Chrysoyelos and Fotis Kouvelis)
4) Independent Greeks National Patriotic Alliance, Agrarian Party of Greece, White, Pyrikafstos Greece, Christian Democratic Party of Greece, Independent Greeks (Panagiotis Kammenos)
Finally, the entry form also submitted the Combination of Independent Candidates “Dignity” (D. Klapakis).
It should be noted that Panos Kammenos had originally submitted an application form as a party (Independent Greeks), but then filed a withdrawal of the original declaration, followed by a new deposition of an application form, as a coalition of parties (Independent Greeks National Patriotic Alliance, Agrarian Party of Greece, White, Pyrikafstos Greece, Christian Democratic Party of Greece, Independent Greeks).