All you need to know about the Balkans
In English

Archaeological site in central Sofia shut down for Culture Ministry check

Archaeological site in central Sofia shut down for Culture Ministry check
Sofia, October 13, 2015/Independent Balkan News Agency

Bulgaria’s Culture Ministry said on October 13 that it has ordered the suspension of all conservation work at the Largo archaeological site in central Sofia for an indefinite period of time, during which a team of architects and archaeologists will carry out an assessment of the work carried out so far.

The ministry said that it ordered the work stoppage after complaints from the public that the restoration currently underway did not “conserve the original appearance of the site”, but gave no further details.

Share with your friends: